FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Stranger in my room

Soft rose on the book by Andreka

Sometimes when I have a ton of emotions weighing down my chest, yet find myself at loss of words, I walk over to my bookcase, say a little prayer, randomly grab a book and let it speak to me. Sometimes I give them life, other times they give me voice.

Perhaps this is why as a young girl, I preferred to sit in my room in solitude and let books take me to places I can never go. I knew even at a young age, that I was only a limited soul in middle of a vast world full of things I didn't understand and things I couldn't see.

I couldn't wait until that one day when I'd be an adult, free to explore the world on my own..find true love and discover meanings embedded in feelings like happiness, delight, loss and longing.

Today I find myself yearning for something entirely different and was at complete loss of words...until now.
I would never be part of anything. I would never really belong anywhere, and I knew it, and all my life would be the same, trying to belong, and failing. Always something would go wrong. I am a stranger and I always will be, and after all I didn’t really care. 
Jean Rhys- Smile PleaseAn Unfinished Biography
Sometimes I wish I belong nowhere, belong to no one and be a stranger to everyone and everything.

3 comments:

  1. That quote has immeasurable depth to me. I was and still am always busy with a book somewhere. I don't think it's strange at all to find comfort in another's words. Do you feel a strange sadness after you finished a really good book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there's definitely a strange sadness and emptiness that follows a really good book. But the beauty of books is that I can relive its words over and over again and every experience brings a new awakening. I've read my favorite books at least 10 times.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So have I! Sometimes, I re-read my old grade school books like "Wrinkle in Time" or "Harriet the Spy." It's just knowing that that same story is still there and I was and still enamored by how the story makes me feel. I think that's another huge reason why I prefer buying actual books than e-books. They're not the same! :P

    ReplyDelete