FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Good-bye summer


Labor Day weekend just passed, which officially marks the end of summer and beginning of autumn. Being a fall baby, autumn is my favorite season of the year: a time of abundance, harvest and gathering of families.

We spent a wonderful summer with weekend getaways to Laguna beach, Palm Desert & Rancho Mirage where we swam, ate & lounged around the water for endless fun under the sun. As a result the whole family had a nice healthy glow the entire summer and got to enjoy summer to its fullest, two of many perks of living in Southern California.

All good things must come to an end however; after a full month of lazy mornings, flexible meal time & building a fortress in middle of our living room the kids are back in school. Thankfully both girls were eager to return which lessens my anxiety and guilt- anxiety of letting teachers & friends replace my presence and guilt of feeling in need of more quiet time.

My children give me so many reasons to be thankful for my life. I don't believe our future can ever be definite but at least it's now more constant, hopeful & full of love.

Good-bye summer. Good-bye ducks by the pond and tiny kicking feet under water. Good-bye wet kisses after morning swim and margaritas by the pool. Good-bye desert sun and elongated palm trees. Good-bye breezy summer dresses, cut-off denim shorts & flip flops. You will greatly be missed until you return next year.

For now though, I'm ready for fall. I'm sad to part with a season that brings me so much laughter & fun yet this sadness is soon replaced by the anticipation of new season with its own beauty & charm.

This seems to be life's funny pattern, a recursive cycle of good-bye's & hello's.

Renaissance Esmeralda, Indian Wells. Palm Springs CA

No comments:

Post a Comment