FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Love languages

By Gemma Correll I like you

I wish I knew about love languages when I was younger. Today I realize how important it is for lovers to speak the same love language, or at the very least be willing to speak the other person's love language.

I do enjoy finer things in life but I know these are things I can live without. I don't need diamonds, flowers and expensive dinners.

But I do need to feel loved by you. As long as I know you love me in ways that work for me, and as long as you're willing to learn what makes me feel loved, I'm happy.

Note: that's different than you telling me you love me. I know you love me. I sometimes need to feel this, especially when I'm feeling sentimental or in need of reassurance. Sometimes I just feel lonely and nostalgic, for no apparent reason.

Sometimes I feel this...just because.

Not every feeling comes with a logical explanation. Feelings are feelings. One cannot explain every feeling because feelings operate on a deeper level and sits in your heart or deep down your gut. Once it passes through the head, it sits there- deep down inside.

Sometimes it leaves, sometimes it claims its home.

Women are usually more expressive of their needs. Men on the other hand, deny or repress- or when asked, shy away from answering the very important question, "when do you feel loved?" or "what can I do to make you feel loved?"

They say women are too complex- that sometimes they just need to be forthright and literal. Same goes for men. Sometimes I need you to hold me silently. Other times, you simply need to tell me. But we do have to speak the same love language.

So tell me, what is your love language?

No comments:

Post a Comment