FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Give a girl the right pair of shoes, she will conquer the world

Valentino noir rockstud slingbacks- patent black leather

Last Friday I headed out to Fashion Island in Newport to purchase the new iphone 5 and came home with a new pair of shoes instead. I do this all the time. My outdated iphone 4 still lacks Siri and a satisfactory camera but sometimes a girl has to re-prioritize her needs.

I'm usually quite practical and enjoy shopping sales & bargains but for some reason, this practical side of me disappears when it comes to shoes. I don't think it's an addiction or obsession, it's simply a priority over anything else in my closet...or so I tell myself.

You know that moment when you mindlessly try on a shoe and it feels so right on your feet like Cinderella's glass slipper? That moment when you're possessed by something beyond yourself and feel like your life can no longer be complete unless you take her home?

I felt this feeling as soon as I laid my eyes on this pair of Valentinos, feminine with edge, classic yet covered in dark studs that resemble rose thorns. It reminded me too much of myself that I couldn't resist bringing her home.

One very beautiful and famous woman once said give a girl the right shoes and she will conquer the world. I feel like she belongs to me and am anxious to see where she takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment