FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Monday, March 26, 2012

Everyday Is New Beginning

How refreshing it is to be able to start anew each day with every sunrise. I love fresh mornings like today after days of rain as it serves as nature's way of reminding me of what is really important- my life, my existence, my blessings, my family and my soul.  In this way I'm actually starting to enjoy a period of confusion and darkness since it brings the goodness of life into brighter light.

Spent a relaxing weekend with family and friends. Reconnecting with high school friends & their kids is such a humbling experience- I love seeing my friends' features in their children's face and how their tiny fingers and mouths resemble their mom's. What a blessing it is to be able to give birth to a new life and add invaluable meaning to life, to add something beautiful to the universe.

A lot of my friends are in the process of being pregnant, giving birth and raising children and even as a mom, I'm envious. I never knew I had such strong maternal instincts but I guess life has its funny way of letting us discover strengths and talents in us that we never knew existed.

I would love to have another child one day. As difficult as it was, I look back to my children's early years as the best, most fruitful years of my life.  Fine dining, shopping and catching up with old friends are always enjoyable, but raising children seems to be the most rewarding task of all.

But as of now, I must focus on myself, pursue my vocation and live for myself even for a brief moment.  However fleeting this moment, it is this moment that helps us to step forward and start anew each day.

T's haircut- 3.26.12
Today was Tessa's first visit to a grown up hair salon.  She loved getting her hair styled and curled like a big girl. She is growing so fast as she now resists me calling her my baby.  How that makes me smile and reminds me to enjoy every moment. 

How fast life passes us by. Today is another reminder where being present in the moment seems to be greatest gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment