FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Dinner @ Joel Robuchon




Winner of Michelin's Three Star owned by 'Chef of the Century' Joel Robuchon deserves its own post and a BIG gratitude. Before I begin, thank you God & Universe for providing me with the most perfect Valentine's Dinner!

So this was my second visit to Joel Robuchon and I was thrilled to return since the first experience was marred by some poor judgements on my part. (It had nothing to do with the food, more with how tired I was.) A complimentary limo kindly picked us from Aria where we were staying and a hostess walked us through the exclusive MGM Mansion to the restaurant. I was fortunate enough to stay at the Mansion for a friend's bachelorette weekend at Las Vegas in 2009 so I'm somewhat familiar with the beauty & magnificence this place has to offer for all its guests, not to mention the personalized VIP service that makes one feel like a celebrity. I definitely want to go back and relive the Grand Mansion one day but of course, that's a whole another wish.

This time I got to experience more of Joel Robuchon's culinary magic since the hubbies ordered the Sixteen Course Degustation Menu. We opted for the six course meal and my taste buds & tummy were fully satisfied at the end although I was regretful about not trying the cheese cart. The meal needs no explanation- these pictures speak for themselves.


Caviar served with crab meat & fennel cream- it was perfection.

Le Foie Gras- carpaccio of foie gras and potatoes covered with black truffle shavings
Le Turbot- Pan fried turbot with lemongrass emulsion and stewed baby leeks
Bone marrow and vegetable ragout with corn and spices
Le Kabocha- Light kabocha pumpkin veluote, ginger foam, toasted seeds
L'Epautre: Sault farrow prepared risotto style w/gold leaf
La Symphonie de Truffle
A variety of chocolates & sweets from the dessert cart
Finally the dessert: Le Chocolat- it was heavenly.

No picture can truly capture the magnificent dining experience of Joel Robuchon- you just have to go and experience it for yourself. It is truly unparalleled. Service is excellent and every personnel is attentive to even the smallest needs. After being disappointed with another Michelin Three Star chef Guy Savoy, I assure you that Joel Robuchon is THE true master of his craft. Every dish is delicately put together, executed to perfection and most importantly, everything tastes delicious. I thought French cuisine simply wasn't my cup of tea after being disappointed by overpriced caviar & some fancy beet foie gras that contradicted instead of complementing each other (sorry Guy Savoy) --but nope, I've been wasting $$$ at the wrong place.

It's not every day that my husband and I get to wine & dine at a Michelin's Three Star restaurant and I'm truly grateful for the wonderful experience I had at Joel Robuchon this past weekend. Like many other marriages out there, ours is far from perfect but I'm extremely grateful for a husband who knows me inside & out and still loves me unconditionally, who tries very hard to make every occasion special and meaningful even after six years of marriage and ten years of being together. I'm also very grateful for my wonderful parents/family who enjoy spending time with the kids so my husband and I can leave on these romantic getaways without worry. I have so much to be thankful for and even more gratitude to cherish deep inside my heart. This blog helps me to do that and I urge you to start signifying the things you're grateful for and just wait to see what the universe has in store for you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment