FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A weekend in Las Vegas


I just returned from the most amazing trip ever. Being grateful for little things really do add up and I'm now a firm believer of this new outlook because the universe did provide me with just what I needed- plenty of R&R, a fun night out with old friends, a romantic Valentines Day dinner at the perfect restaurant and even some extra cash in my pocket. :)

The first night we went to Raku which is now officially my favorite Japanese restaurant. I LOVE authentic Japanese course meals consisting fresh sashimi, salad and ornate & dainty meat/vegetable dishes that are unique and perfectly put together in various colors, textures & flavors. We ordered $50 per person Omakase and every dish was very interesting and delicious.

Sashimi salad

What I like about Raku is that they never overbook and will actually turn customers away without a reservation. Reservations can be made in increments of two hours 6-8, 8-10 and so on--- and you have to be there on time to ensure the next group of customers can have their two hours. I believe this is a way for them to make sure the chef has enough time to prepare each and every dish with care. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant off the strip to anyone who is visiting Las Vegas.

At night I met up an old best friend from junior high named Nancy and we ended up at Foundation Room which is an exclusive, members only lounge located on top floor of Mandalay Bay. Being 30 years old, I'm tired of overcrowded Las Vegas clubs without room to walk or dance and Foundation Room provided the perfect upscale lounge experience with a breathtaking view. We danced the night away and reminisced about our old days. We joked about how we've been friends for over 10 years but were drinking together for the very first time. It was a perfect night.


The second night we went to Wynn hotel to watch Le Reve. Hands down, Le Reve wins best performance and stage over Bellagio's O and MGM's Ka. Le Reve seemed more romantic and visually stunning compared to the O show and it had a solid & interesting storyline unlike Ka which left viewers wondering 'who's love story is this?' Don't want this to be a spoiler so I'll stop here but yes, highly recommended!

After the show we checked out the newest addition to Las Vegas, the Cosmopolitan Hotel. I was very impressed with the overall decor and layout, especially the glamorous chandelier curtains that draped from ceiling to floor across multiple floors. I didn't go into Marquee nightclub but wasn't too impressed with the crowd surrounding outside. There were lots of intoxicated young 20 somethings walking around barefoot with shoes in their hands and a bunch of young men who looked like predators. You know what kind of club scene I'm talking about. Wasn't too thrilled and would still prefer Wynn's XS over Marquee Nightclub unless the crowd changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment