FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New understanding




Overall, 2010 was a good year for me. I was granted some of my lifelong wishes and entered a new decade called the thirties. Yet I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was missing even though I appeared to have everything on the outside- a loving husband, two beautiful children, a supportive family and friends I can count on.

For the longest time, today was simply another extension of yesterday and tomorrow carried no greater meaning than today.

Then it occured to me. Somehow, somewhere along this journey called life, I had lost the most essential components of life- growth, hope and gratitude. Instead, I was consumed with constant worry and anxiety, even during moments when I should've been nothing but thankful and fulfilled.

So as the new year unfolds I begin this blog, dedicated to myself and all things I'm grateful for. I don't have a target audience or any intention of profiting from this site. Rather, I want this blog to serve as a constant reminder of all things I'm grateful for and all things I should continue to be grateful for. I finally understand that fruit of hope & gratitude is the most profitable asset I can ever behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment