FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Light

Beach Day by Joy StClaire
It's been awhile since I've had the urge to write. My mind was in a mental fog for a long time and nothing could get me out of it. Some said it's because I no longer attend church, others said I should pray more, exercise more, eat more healthy, do this, do that, yaddi yaddi yadda--- as if these were things I haven't tried before.

For the first time in a long time, my mind is working again. I'm able to think more clearly and appreciate things around me. I actually looked up in the sky today and noticed how bright the sky was, how white the clouds were and how green the grass looked. I'm pretty certain all these things were always there, just as they are; something kept me from seeing these beautiful things that surround me daily.

Today, I thank God for showing me a glimpse of the beauty that exist in the world. Today, I'm grateful for who I am and for the ability to detach myself from who I used to be.

Amen. Namaste. It doesn't matter. I'm grateful, and gratitude is the universal language of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment