FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

An Ode to Womanhood

Magnolia Tree by Laura Ruth

In celebration of International Women's Day, I want to commemorate every activist, teacher, mother, sister, aunt and daughter for their bravery, perseverance and sacrifice that sustains harmony in today's capitalistic, patriarchal and violent world. We are all connected through love and light and it is our duty to lead the next generation with this spirit in mind.

Being a woman isn't easy. Every time we wear what we wish to wear, pass by a group of snickering men in a store, or choose to sacrifice our careers for the children, we are courageously taking a stance against patriarchy by signifying with our bodies that we are women who refuse to live in repression or silence by a world designed and maintained by men who believe they're in power.

I dislike the word power and sympathize souls that are driven by this dangerous and self-destructive ego. Instead I choose to live in love, light and gratitude in connection with all positive spirits who rise beyond dissension and promote nothing but harmony and oneness.

Sure women are different from men, just like I am different from you and you from the person next to you. Womanhood is what counteracts men's instinctual desire to colonize and spread their seeds, thus one who denies women from their inherent rights is resistant of the Cosmic cycle - God's design- of yin & yang, women & men, the transient & materialized. One cannot exist without the other and one cannot deny the influence of the other.

I love being a woman and am entirely grateful for every part of me that defines me as a woman. I embrace everything about me, especially my ability to carry and give birth to a new life- to give back to the Universe and keep the cycle flowing as it was designed to be. I even embrace my lack of strength next to a husband, father and brother because in replacement, I was given a constant yearning for spiritual and maternal connection that allows me to transcend all materialized possessions. Physical strength is materialized. Violence is materialized. Monetary gain is materialized. Hunger for power is materialized. A true female spirit transcends all materialized entities and signifies its existence with beauty, harmony, connectivity and love.

Thank you sisters for rising above patriarchy every day at home and at the workplace through countless sacrifices and silent tears. And thank you brothers, for maintaining a system that makes us women grow stronger, greater and more grateful each day.

1 comment: