FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy 9th Birthday Elly

My dearest Elly

Where do I begin. You are the foundation of my life and the tie that binds our family. Without you we might not even be here today (and no, it's not an exaggeration) and thanks to you, I always had a reason to hold on a little longer, try a little harder and love more selflessly.

Raising you wasn't easy. With your pretty smiles and sweet giggles came many trials and uncertainties that began when you were barely one years old. You have no idea how much it hurt to know that you may be different from other kids.  I felt a deep sense of guilt and failure as a mother; as your mother. Yet your differences came with such abundance of blessings and love that I think I finally understand why God's plan is more perfect than our own.

Despite your sensitivities, you are a happy and healthy child. Your sister Tessa doesn't like to do anything without you and despite your sisterly quarrels, you are her best friend and play buddy. You have wonderful friends who like to hold you by the hand and show you new things.  You have an amazing set of family and friends who genuinely love you for who you are. I hope you felt how much love was in the air during your birthday song because baby, you are truly loved and so blessed.


You continue to radiate your surrounding with your angelic presence and purity. Everyone who gets to know you tell me you are an angel. Your innocence and beauty are so rare and so untainted, it sometimes makes me feel bad for others who eventually has to become worldly in order to survive.

You taught me one of the greatest lessons in life- and that is the ability to let Go and let God. You also taught me the value of spiritual over material, and precedence of inner purity over outwardly achievements. You show me God's love in its purest form- one that is selfless, unconditional and always hopeful.

Elise, you are an angel from heaven; my eternal grace and lifelong teacher. Thank you for coming into this world as my daughter because without you, my life would've been nothing but a meaningless cycle of superficial desires and worldly achievements.

Through you, I now understand the deeper meaning of love and faith. You are perfect just the way God made you. You are more perfect than anyone else I know.

Happy birthday my sweet child, I will take care of you and protect you eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment