FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Monday, October 8, 2012

Thank you for loving me still

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." 
                                                                                                                                                              - Marilyn Monroe
I make mistakes....plenty of them, and often do and say things I know I shouldn't have. This past weekend was no different and I ended up doing what I did best in my 20's...being selfish, impatient and unpredictable. On Friday I ran into an old friend who commented that I still seem like the old Angie from college and asked why I haven't changed after becoming a mom?

Then I thought, hmmm I don't know, perhaps it's because that old Angie is still there? Perhaps not enough time passed since then? Perhaps there's still a part of me that refuses to be lost through marriage, motherhood & passing of time?

But the fact is, I did change since then. I can still be selfish, impatient & insecure at times but I now know what it means to be selfless, patient and confident even with my imperfect self.

I'm imperfect but still beautiful; I'm a little mad but know there is still genius in me and despite still making mistakes as a 30-something woman, I finally have the courage to love myself through it all.

Today I'm thankful for a few significant people in my life, those who saw me at my worst but still remained by my side. These are people who truly deserve me at my best, and I promise to never forget the warmth you made me feel, the comfort I felt in your arms.

I'm sorry I can't be there for you every time you need me; I'm sorry for my imperfect decisions and actions at times.

Thank you though, for loving me still.

No comments:

Post a Comment