FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Trick or treat: Halloween 2011


Halloween is just around the corner so we decided to take the girls to a pumpkin patch for some family fun.  The girls picked out a pumpkin, drew the face and daddy was kind enough to carve out a cute ghost to create our very first Jack-O-Lantern. Halloween spirit fills the air in my home and the girls are excitedly counting down the days until Halloween. For the third year they decided to be Disney princesses (again) and I have to buy another Cinderella and Belle costumes to satiate my girls' endless desires to be pretty, sparkly and beau~~tiful like a princess. :)

As for me, another course in my five-course certification program just began so I'm back to juggling full-time motherhood with some school and some exercise with cooking, cleaning, bathing, cleaning, and more cleaning somewhere in the middle. Being a mom of two teaches you that there are not enough hours in the day to complete all your tasks and that deep, slow breathing is the only solution to maintaining sanity when you discover dried up playdoh mixed with dog poop under your brand new carpet.

Over the years I learned the importance of to-do lists but was never quite ready to face the fact that what is more important than a to-do list is the courage to throw it out and dance to the flow of your children, your dog, your husband and your inner voice.  And today, I'm doing just that--dancing to the beat of my own rhythm and blogging. Hah! I used to view this as the biggest waste of time because it distracts me from doing more "important" things like running errands for the family--but I now realize it is just as important to keep writing and letting my inner thoughts and emotions flow out onto the page. Here I'm more Present than ever and here, I'm closer to myself AS IS, not as how I SHOULD be.

Once I leave this page, I'll go back to the list and continue living my life as I should. Life requires it but instead of complaining I'm going to send the Universe a note of gratitude and positivity. Today is a day of treating myself. Every day should be like this!

P.S. I'm sore as hell from last night's crossfit-- but my muscles are thanking me...I think. And anniversary trip to Hawaii coming up in three weeks! Now is my time to bring the energy up and up!

No comments:

Post a Comment