FACEBOOK BUTTON TWITTER BUTTON GOOGLE+ BUTTON INSTAGRAM BUTTON PINTEREST BUTTON LINKEDIN BUTTON

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Live, Laugh, Love

Magic Hour by Sandra Arduini


Today marks day 2 of the Lunar New Year- 2012 The Year of The Black Dragon.  As a person of Korean descent, Lunar new year is more significant than that of the Gregorian calendar and this is a perfect opportunity to make another list of resolutions.  My list will be practical, functional and even if I don't get it right perfectly, I promise to be gentle and kind to myself. It's not about being perfect, it's about making it better one day at a time. Failure isn't falling down, it's staying down after you fall.
  1. Be positive and uplifting to myself and others.
  2. Remember to be grateful for the little things, even the bad little things.
  3. Don't be so serious and rigid all the time, remember to laugh more.
  4. Be PRESENT in my daily life, to stay focused in whatever I'm doing at the moment.
  5. Read more with the kids and set aside time for reading, learning and exploring.
  6. Create more happy memories as family even at home, doing fun activities such as cooking, baking and crafts
  7. Take the kids out to the park more. Do more outdoor activities.
  8. Stay active and healthy. Continue crossfit at least 3 times a week. 
  9. Take time to pause and meditate daily. Use candles.
  10. Complete the BCBA coursework. Begin supervision. Enjoy the process, don't stress. 
  11. Read as many self-help and spirituality books as possible.
  12. Cook more, eat out less. 
  13. Stay creative. Blog more. 
  14. Use healthy communication methods. 
  15. Know anger is a secondary emotion to fear. Anger is not the problem. What I do with it is.
  16. Resist the need to control. I can't control anybody but myself. That includes my children.
  17. Maintain healthy boundaries. Teach children healthy boundaries.
  18. I always have the right to say no. 
  19. I always have the right to meet my own needs. Avoid guilt, fear and resentment.
  20. Love more. Express love more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment